Tutorial: Calf Foam Roll
How does fitness evolve? Learn how to Foam Roll the calves the EVO way. #evoway #evofitness
The Calf Foam Roll is an excellent warm up and cool down movement that improves blood flow and tissue extensibility in the calf muscles.
- Sit on the floor and rest your lower leg on the roller.
- Start rolling up the calf muscle towards the knee.
- When you feel a tight spot, pause for 5-10s and relax.
- Continue rolling for a total of 30-40s, and repeat on the other leg.
The calf muscles are used in many every day and gym-based movements, from standing, walking and running to crawling, hopping and jumping. As such, they are prone to excessive tightness, which can increase the risk of ankle and knee injuries. Regular use of the foam roller will keep these muscles healthy and well nourished.
View other tutorials:
- Butt kicks
- TRX chest press
- Roll out with step
- Deep squat
- The barbell clean
- Pull up
- Kinesis lunge to chest press