Tutorial: Box Jump
How does fitness evolve? Learn how to perform a Box Jump the EVO way. #evoway #evofitness
The Box Jump is an explosive squat pattern that builds strength, power, balance and coordination.
- Stand in front of a plyo box or step.
- Swing the arms back and rapidly drop into the squat.
- As soon as you hit the bottom of the squat, quickly swing the arms arm and extend the hips as you jump onto the box.
- Land into a squat with control.
- Step down and repeat.
Jumping is a fundamental human movement that can be progressed once a standing jump has been mastered. Use of a box challenges the movement by adding a horizontal and vertical component. To land safely while performing the box jump exercise, a good level of ankle mobility and hamstring flexibility is required.
View other tutorials:
- MB squat to overhead press
- Kinesis row
- Kinesis deadlift
- Calf foam roll
- Butt kicks
- TRX chest press
- Roll out with step
- Deep squat
- The barbell clean
- Pull up
- Kinesis lunge to chest press