4 exercises to develop your glutes
Firm and shapely glutes are a common goal for most people. We have selected 4 exercises to help you get there.
It’s not just about looking good. Your glutes are there for other reasons. Of course, looking good and having firm and shapely glutes is great and you’ll definitely look great with the right type of jeans. However, glutes are fundamental in movements like jumping and sprinting; also, they play a key role in relieving low-back pain and they are crucial to everyday movements like standing or climbing stairs.
That’s why we brought you 4 good exercises for your glutes, courtesy of EVO Norway PT Frida Rommen.
- Stand with your feet little wider than shoulder-width apart
- Hold a dumbbell with both hands, in front you and between you thighs
- Back straight, keens slightly leaning forward
- Lean forward to bring the dumbbell down
- Back at the initial position
- That’s one rep
Static Glute Bridge
- Hold still in the top position of glute bridge
- Feet should be about hip-width apart
- Squeeze your glutes and hold at the top
- Stand in front of the machine with a straight bar or robe attached
- Step back so there is tension in the cable
- Perform the squat
Barbell Hip Thrust
- Place your upper back on the bench with the barbell across your hips
- Feet planted firmly on the ground, close to your glutes
- Drive your hips up
- Engage your core and abs
- Hold for a count and only then return to starting position
Start your journey to shaped glutes in a free trial in our Clubs.